We paired up enemies in "Rivals" and old flames in "Battle of the Exes," now, for the first time ever, it will be an all out battle for Real World supremacy. "The Challenge: Battle of the Seasons" reunites cast members from seven of the Real World's most memorable seasons. Within each team, there are exes, rivalries, current romances, best friendships and everything in between that could either help or hurt them in their goal to become the last season standing. And to make matters more intense, in competing for $350,000 in grand prizes, the former roommates may have to turn on each other to secure their own safety in the game. The usual struggles of strength and stamina will remain, but this time, they'll have to sort out their issues from their original season if they want to win it all.
During each Challenge, teams will compete in order to become the Power Team, who will have the ability to place one team of their decision into the Arena. The other team going into the Arena will be that day's Challenge losers. Once in the Arena, each team must decide one male-female pair to compete, and have the potential to go home with no money. The losing pair in the Arena will go home, and leave their team short two players. Teams can compete with only two players, and have potential to make a greater share of the final's $340,000.
Money for finalists is split as follows:
- First Place: $250,000
- Second Place: $50,000
- Third Place: $40,000
|Episode||Power team||Arena contestants||Arena game||Arena outcome|
|#||Challenge||Last-place team||Winners' selection||Last-place pair||Selected pair||Winning pair||Losing pair|
|1||Don't Cross Me||Team Cancun||Team Fresh Meat||Team Austin||Cara Maria & Eric||Lacey & Wes||Hall Brawl||Cara Maria & Eric||Lacey & Wes|
|2||Oil Change||Team San Diego||Team Austin||Team Fresh Meat||Danny & Melinda||Camila & Eric**||Balls Out||Camila & Eric||Danny & Melinda|
|3||Hook, Line & Sinker||Team Las Vegas||Team Fresh Meat||Team Brooklyn||Brandon & Cara Maria**||Chet & Sarah||Knot So Fast||Chet & Sarah||Brandon & Cara Maria|
|4/5||Don't Weigh Me Down||Team Cancun||Team Brooklyn||Team Fresh Meat||Devyn & JD||Camila & Eric||Water Torture||Devyn & JD*||Camila & Eric|
|5||Chairman of the Board||Team San Diego||Team New Orleans||Team Brooklyn||McKenzie & Preston||Chet & Sarah||Balls Out||Chet & Sarah||McKenzie & Preston|
|6||Insane Games||Team New Orleans||Team St. Thomas||Team Las Vegas||Laura & Trey||Dustin & Nany||Knot So Fast||Dustin & Nany||Laura & Trey|
|7||Logged Out||Team Brooklyn||Team New Orleans||Team San Diego||Jemmye & Knight||Sam & Zach**||Water Torture||Sam & Zach||Jemmye & Knight|
|8||Hunger Games||Team Brooklyn||Team San Diego||Team Cancun||Sam & Zach||CJ & Jasmine||Hall Brawl||Sam & Zach||CJ & Jasmine|
|9||Abandon Ship||Team San Diego||Team St. Thomas||Team Las Vegas||Marie & Robb||Alton & Nany||Balls Out||Marie & Robb||Alton & Nany|
|10||Force Field||Team San Diego||Team Las Vegas||Team St. Thomas||Dustin & Trishelle||Marie & Robb||Water Torture||Dustin & Trishelle||Marie & Robb|
|11||Sling Shot||Team Las Vegas||Team Cancun||Team San Diego||Derek & Jonna||Ashley & Frank||Knot So Fast||Ashley & Frank||Derek & Jonna|
|12||Final Challenge||Team San Diego||2nd place: Team Las Vegas; 3rd place: Team Brooklyn|
- "**" indicates that the team was unable to choose representatives to compete in the Arena, so the Power Team chose those two players to go into the Arena.
- During the "Water Torture" Arena at the beginning of Episode 5, Eric grew frustrated and quit when he determined that his weight prevented him from competing in the Arena, despite being in the lead. As a result, Team Fresh Meat was disqualified, and Team Brooklyn was declared the winner by default.
- The contestant's team won the final challenge.
- The contestant's team did not win the final challenge.
- The contestant was a part of the Power Team, was safe from the Arena, and selected a team to compete in the Arena.
- The contestant's team was not selected to go into the Arena.
- The contestant's team was nominated for the Arena, but was not selected to compete.
- The contestant won in the Arena by default.
- The contestant won in the Arena.
- The contestant was eliminated in the Arena.
- The contestant withdrew from the Arena.
- The contestant was forced to leave the competition after their partner quit from the Arena.
|Episode||Air date||Viewers (in millions)|
|1||"Tis the Season"||September 19, 2012||1.15|
|2||"The Perks of Being a Rookie"||Sepetember 26, 2012||1.23|
|3||"What Happens in Vegas..."||October 3, 2012||1.11|
|4||"The Dark Knight"||October 10, 2012||1.06|
|5||"N-A-R-C-I-S-S-I-S-T-I-C"||October 17, 2012||0.91|
|6||"Going Insane"||October 24, 2012||1.16|
|7||"I Do Not Like You Sam I Am"||November 7, 2012||1.10|
|8||"Honey, I'm Homeless"||November 14, 2012||1.07|
|9||"The Chronicles of Nanyia"||November 21, 2012||1.34|
|10||"A Woman Scorned"||December 5, 2012||0.98|
|11||"I Like to Move It, Move It"||December 12, 2012||0.96|
|12||"Run, Teams, Run"||December 19, 2012||1.01|
|The Challenge Seasons|
Road Rules: All Stars · Real World/Road Rules Challenge · Challenge 2000 · Extreme Challenge · Battle of the Seasons (2002)